Advice to parents and other adults
How you can talk to children about Covid-19:
- Check the situation. Find out how much your child knows and how they are feeling.
- Encourage questions. Don’t leave your child alone with his/her thoughts.
- Give the child hope. Many people are working right now to resolve this situation.
- Don’t pass on your own anxiety. Respond to what your child thinks and needs.
- Try to maintain everyday routines. Keep calm and talk about things other than the virus.
BRIS has an adult helpline that you can call as a parent to seek help with ways to support your child in different situations. Open weekdays 9.00-12.00.