How the Covid Certificate works
What is Digital Covid Certificate?
- Digital Covid Certificate is a free digital certificate that you have been vaccinated against covid-19. The idea is that it should facilitate travel abroad inside the EU.
- In Sweden, it is the Swedish eHealth Agency that is responsible for the e-service Digital Covid Certificate. The plan is that the service will open on 1 July.
- Work is in progress to ensure that the e-service will also contain proof of a negative covid-19 test or proof that one has recovered. Proof of recovery means that one can present a positive covid-19 test that has been taken at least ten days ago.
How do I obtain a Covid Certificate?
- When the service has opened, you who have been vaccinated against covid-19 will be able to order the certificate via the e-service Digital Covid Certificate.
- When you place the order, you request an extract from the national vaccination register (NVR) from the Swedish Public Health Agency. This is the basis of the covid certificate.
- In order to be able to order a covid certificate, you need to have an approved Swedish e-identification. Here you will find information on how you obtain an e-identification.
- If you do not have a Swedish e-identification or are able to use one, it is possible to have the Covid Certificate sent to the address you are registered at, in the Swedish population register.
How do I use a covid certificate?
- When you travel inside the EU, you present the certificate when crossing the border in connection with ID inspection.
- You need to have your covid certificate available during the entire journey.
- Remember that it is the country you travel to, which determines which rules apply there. It is your responsibility to check whether you fulfil the requirements to travel in. Read more about various countries' entry regulations at Sweden Abroad.
Read more about Digital Covid Certificate in the Swedish eHealth Agency's Frequently asked questions.