Special recommendations may apply regionally or locally. Check with the municipality or the region. Covid-19 news from the Regions.
Stay at home if you have symptoms
- If you have symptoms of Covid-19, you must stay at home and get tested.
- Read more about what to do if you or someone in your household has symptoms or has become infected with Covid-19 here.
Limit new close contacts
- Only socialise with people you normally meet. People you live with or just a few friends and relatives outside your household.
- Always keep your distance from people you meet, and ideally meet up outdoors.
Keep your distance from others and avoid crowded places
- Always keep your distance from other people. This applies both indoors and outdoors.
- Avoid places such as shops, shopping centres and public transport if they are crowded.
- Shop alone and do not stay in shops for longer than necessary.
Travel in the safest way possible to avoid infection
- Avoid public transport and other means of transport where it is not possible to book a seat.
- Avoid making new contacts while travelling and at your destination.
- Make sure you can isolate yourself at your destination or make your way home without infecting others if you develop Covid-19 symptoms.
Work from home as often as you can
Everyone who is able to, should work from home. This applies to the state, regions, municipalities and the private sector. Valid immediately and until January 24.
- Reach agreement with your employer to work from home whenever possible.
- If you must go to work, you should adjust your working hours so that you can avoid crowding in public transport and at the workplace.
Maintain good hand hygiene
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water.
- Always wash your hands before meals and after going to the toilet, and when you have been in public areas.
Be careful when visiting people who are aged 70+ or belong to an at-risk group
- Take extra care to follow all advice and recommendations. Here is more information about at-risk groups and the elderly.
- Visits to care homes must take place in a safe manner. Observe the home's procedures for visits.
- If you had Covid-19 during the spring, it is not certain whether you still have a lower risk of infection and of infecting others.