Sport and exercise
Gyms and sport centers are urged to be closed
The Government has recommended to shut down all unnecessary activities run by the state, regions and municipalities. This, for example, affects many gyms and swimming pools. The Swedish Public Health Agency considers that outdoor fitness facilities can continue to be open, as long as the Swedish Public Health Agency's regulations and general advice are followed.
However young people born in 2002 or later may participate in organised sports and leisure activities, both indoors and outdoors. An assessment indicates that the benefits of physical activity outweigh the risks.
Advice to athletes
- Do not take part in any activities if you are ill.
- Avoid activities and exercises that involve close contact.
- Get changed at home instead of at the exercise facility.
- Do not share water bottles, mouthguards or anything else that can transmit saliva.
- Wipe down equipment that has been used with disinfectant after use.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water or hand sanitiser.
- Keep a distance from other people on sports grounds, in swimming pools, at the gym, as well as in other exercise facilities.