International travel restrictions
Prepare and stay informed
- Avoid travelling if you have symptoms.
- Keep yourself well informed and follow local authorities' advice and instructions at your destination. Local restrictions and regulations will be in place. These may be changed at short notice. For example, there may be requirements for face masks and rules on maintaining a distance from other people.
- Stay in close contact with your travel company and review your insurance coverage.
- Follow the rules and recommendations that apply at the airport, on the plane and at your destination. If you do not follow these, you risk being denied boarding or entry into the country you have travelled to.
- Have enough money for unforeseen events on your trip, for example delays.
- Swedish embassies provide up-to-date travel information in Swedish on the Sweden Abroad website.
UD or Swedish diplomatic missions will not be able to provide transport to Sweden if you have difficulty returning home because of the current situation.
In consular emergencies, call the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs' consular emergency service hotline: +46 (0)8 405 50 05.
- UD's advice and instructions concerning travel to and from other countries
- The Swedish Transport Agency's information on air travel during the Covid-19 pandemic