International travel restrictions
Travelling to Sweden
Negative covid tests or vaccine certificates are no longer required for entry to Sweden. Ordinary entry requirements applies, like holding a valid travel document and visa, if applicable.
Prepare and stay informed
- Avoid travelling if you have symptoms.
- Keep yourself well informed and follow local authorities' advice and instructions at your destination. Local restrictions and regulations will be in place. These may be changed at short notice. For example, there may be requirements for face masks and rules on maintaining a distance from other people.
- Stay in close contact with your travel company and review your insurance coverage.
- Follow the rules and recommendations that apply at the airport, on the plane and at your destination. If you do not follow these, you risk being denied boarding or entry into the country you have travelled to.
- Have enough money for unforeseen events on your trip, for example delays.
- Swedish embassies provide up-to-date travel information in Swedish on the Sweden Abroad website.
In consular emergencies, call the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs' consular emergency service hotline: +46 (0)8 405 50 05.