New measures against Covid-19
The aim of those measures is to decrease the spread of Covid-19 by limiting the number of contacts between people, expecially those who do not normally meet.
From 23 December the following will be valid:
- Everyone should avoid crowded environments.
- Everyone should work from home to the extent possible for their work.
- Visitors to trade fairs, shopping centres and venues for culture and leisure activities must allow at least ten square metres per person.
- The Public Health Agency of Sweden advises against cup competitions and camps indoors that are not professional. Training sessions, matches, performances and competitions can be held.
- Infection control measures are recommended for adult study programmes in order to avoid crowding and large gatherings. Classroom teaching is the general rule, but remote teaching can be used for institutes of higher education.
- Only seated guests are allowed at venues serving food and drink, and distances must be observed between different parties.
- At general gatherings and public events indoors, only seated guests are allowed if there are more than 20 people, regardless of vaccination certificate.
- Without vaccination certificates, there are also requirements for distances between the parties, with a maximum of eight people in each party and a maximum number of 500 guests or participants.
- For events with more than 500 guests or participants, vaccination certificates are required, as well as distances between the parties and a maximum of eight people per party.
Requirement for a negative covid-19 test when entering Sweden
The government has decided that all travelers over the age of 12 need need to present a negative covid-19 test when arriving in Sweden, regardless of which country you are traveling from and regardless of whether you have been vaccinated or have recovered from Covid-19. This applies from 28 December.
The Public Health Agency has also asked the government to make a decision on the following suggested measures:
- a maximum limit of 50 persons when hiring premises for private gatherings
- only seated passengers on long-distance public transport