Stricter general advice announced for Stockholm, Västra Götaland and Östergötland
From 29 October, residents of the counties of Stockholm, Västra Götaland and Östergötland County are urged to:
- Refrain from visits to indoor environments such as shops, shopping centres, museums, libraries, swimming pools and gyms. Necessary visits to grocery stores and pharmacies are allowed.
- Refrain from participating in gatherings such as meetings, concerts, performances, sports training, matches and competitions. However, this does not apply to sports training for children and young people born in 2005 or later.
- If possible, physical contact with people other than those with whom you live should be avoided. This means, among other things, to refrain from arranging or attending parties and similar social gatherings.
Necessary close contact is allowed, for example during healthcare visits and medical examinations. However, anyone with possible Covid-19 symptoms should avoid any close contact with other people.
The decision also includes stricter general advice for businesses such as shops, shopping centres and sports facilities as well as workplaces in the counties of Stockholm, Västra Götaland and Östergötland. Business owners and employers should take action to ensure that visitors and employees are able to follow the general guidelines in the event of a local outbreak of Covid-19.
Continued audience limit of 50 people
The county administrative boards of Stockholm, Uppsala, Östergötland and Västra Götaland have decided to keep the audience limit at 50 people.
- In Stockholm, this decision applies up to and including the 19th of November, with the possibility of extension.
- In Östergötland, the decision applies up to the 22nd of November, with the possibility of extension.
- In Västra Götaland, the decision applies until the 19th of November, with the possibility of extension.
- In Uppsala, the decision applies up to and including the 17th of November, with the possibility of extension.
Stricter recommendations in Uppsala are extended
The Swedish Public Health Agency decided today in consultation with the infection control doctor in Region Uppsala that the local general recommendations that have been introduced in Uppsala County to reduce the spread of covid-19 will continue to apply until 17 November.