Extension of several Covid-19 restrictions
The government announces that the following restrictions will be extended because of the spread of Covid-19.
- Food service places such as restaurants and bars are not allowed to serve alcohol after 8:00 PM. This ban will be extended up to and including 7 February 2021.
- Government agencies must take measures to increase the possibility for employees to work from home. This will be extended up to and including 7 February 2021. Since not all occupational groups have the possibility to work from home, there will be more inspections of high-risk workplaces.
- The recommendation of the Public Health Agency of Sweden concerning upper secondary schools will be extended up to and including 1 April 2021. It is adjusted slightly. Instruction will now be carried out as a combination of remote or distance instruction and some proximate instruction.
- The Public Health Agency of Sweden recommends that face masks still be used in public transportation during rush hour traffic.
- The government continues to urge municipalities and regions to keep unnecessary activities closed up to and including 7 February 2021.
- The Public Health Agency of Sweden has requested that children and young people born in 2005 and later be able to participate in organised sports and leisure activities both indoors and outdoors and has requested that the government lightens its previous recommendation.